At Sandbrook we promote each child’s lifelong love of reading by experiencing and enjoying as many stories, non-fictions texts, and rhymes as possible throughout their time in the EYFS. We encourage our children to demonstrate their understanding confidently through discussion, retelling, predicting and role play, when exploring our range of exciting books, rhymes, songs and poems. It is our intent that the children have opportunities to experiment with writing for their own purposes and in meaningful contexts. Our curriculum aims to ensure that children develop the necessary handwriting skills to produce emergent writing for a range of audiences and become skilled readers who can blend words and simple sentences consistent with their phonic knowledge, including some tricky, red words.
- We have been writing our letter sounds in our outdoor classroom.
- This week reception have been reading the gingerbread man.
- The children in Nursery are enjoying practicing their sounds by pretending to be the teacher with their friends.
- We have started Read Write Inc Phonics sessions in Nursery
- On Friday morning, Reception children walked to the post box to post our letters from Goldilocks.
- Reception have been busy creating these wonderful story spoons to retell their favourite books!
- What a fun day we had today! With a greeting from 'The Shark in the park' on the gate, to all our fun World Book Day activities - we were very busy!
- Take a look at our stunning EYFS Book Nook!
- Reception children enjoy Reading For Pleasure at lunch times!
- We have enjoyed learning about Chinese New Year today.
- Who was our mystery reader on Monday? Take a look!
- Who left these mysterious snowy footprints?
- We are enjoying learning through our story of the week - the Gruffalo