Our aims are to provide the highest quality physical education for children and to give them the skills and knowledge required to live a healthy, active lifestyle. We have a specialist PE teacher, wide ranging specialist sporting equipment and facilities enabling maximum engagement in the PE curriculum, which provides new, exciting and innovative opportunities.
In addition to PE lessons, there are numerous enrichment opportunities, awards schemes as well as signposting to further sporting opportunities beyond our school environment. Sandbrook has exciting links and opportunities with professional sporting clubs such as the Rochdale Hornets and Rochdale AFC, to give children an inside view and opportunity within professional sport.
Competing takes place regularly, in a whole variety of competitions, both within school and against others. Using our school hall, vast playing fields and plentiful resources, children are able to experience all of the mainstream sports and many up and coming ones too! All of our sporting excellence is underpinned with promoting fair play and respect.
Our aims are to ensure that all pupils:
Develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
Are physically active for sustained periods of time
Engage in competitive sports and activities
Lead healthy, active lives
Swimming and water safety
All schools must provide swimming instruction either in key stage 1 or key stage 2. At Sandbrook we provide swimming to all children in Y4.
In particular, pupils should be taught to:
swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
use a range of strokes effectively , for example, front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke.
perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
- This week we found out a little bit about what autism is and celebrated autism acceptance week.
- Sean Gaffney Visit
- Alinane, our tennis superstar, competed in the ITF World Tennis Tour Juniors.
- This term in PE our topic is multiskills. We have been practising skills such as skipping, throwing, catching and passing the ball with our feet.
- Commonwealth and Invictus Games athlete comes to Sandbrook!
- Class 1S raising money for the hospice.
- RS has so much fun today completing their sports day challenges with Mrs Stokes.
- Reception took part in seven different challenges while wearing seven colours to celebrate Autism awareness week.
- October dates cancelled
- See our latest information from Robinwood
- INFORMATION FOR ALL CURRENT Y5 PARENTS/CARERS
- An opportunity for Reception children to try something new!
- Year 5 and 6 children competed in the Indoor Athletics Final.
- Week 1 of Rainbow University
- Here is our latest PE blog!