Learn a musical instrument.
If you would like your child to learn a musical instrument, please contact the school office for more information
Why not join one of our Music Clubs ?
At Sandbrook we have a Rock Choir, a keyboard club, a recorder club, a KS1 Choir, HIVE Music Makers , Tiny Turtles Music Maestros and a KS2 choir.
Speak to Mr Sheader for more details. We would love to see you !
Music is so important to us at Sandbrook
Music is a universal language that embodies one of the highest forms of creativity. A high quality music education should engage and inspire pupils to develop a love of music and their talent as musicians, and so increase their self-confidence, creativity and sense of achievement. As pupils progress, they should develop a critical engagement with music, allowing them to compose, and to listen with discrimination to the best in the musical canon.
The national curriculum for music aims to ensure that all pupils:
Perform, listen to, review and evaluate music across a range of historical periods,
genres, styles and traditions, including the works of the great composers and
Learn to sing and to use their voices, to create and compose music on their own and with others, have the opportunity to learn a musical instrument, use technology appropriately and have the opportunity to progress to the next level of musical excellence
Understand and explore how music is created, produced and communicated, including through the inter-related dimensions: pitch, duration, dynamics, tempo, timbre, texture, structure and appropriate musical notations.
- Access the Videos that Nursery and Reception have made for 'Sandbrook Cares'
- Have you tried our whole school curriculum projects page for work?
- Year 5 and 6 children performed at Rochdale's Festival of Performing Arts.
- In year 1, we performed Humph. This was our Christmas play. Year 2 kindly observed and evaluated our dress rehearsal. Year 2 performed the fantastic "Hey Ewe".
- In year 2 we have been listening to the Music of Gustav Holst. We listened to Mercury and thought about things that it reminded us of. Next we drew pictures of things that we were reminded of. It was a very exciting and interesting lesson.
- A mindful and creative day today with yoga, music and dance.
- Our children loved the Zulu Nation Theatre performance and workshops.