At Sandbrook we want our children to be historians. If children are to understand their place in the world, they must not only study the present but look to their past. History at Sandbrook takes a journey through local, British and world history, helping children to understand what has gone before and what the future may hold. KS1 starts by looking at our local and family history. As children see the past stretching out behind them, they will then question where the future may take them. Throughout KS2, children then continue to journey through the past, visiting Ancient Greece, the Vikings and even the Mayans.
Children are encouraged to develop questions about the past and look at why change happens. As their enquiry skills develop, children start to develop critical thinking and start to share their own opinions about the past.
- Designing, making and evaluating Olympic Torches.
- Year 3 children have been making Anderson Shelters as part of thier History Topic.
- Dear Sandbrook I am writing to congratulate you on achieving the gold history Quality Mark as awarded by the Historical Association.
- Dippy the iconic exhibit started his tour in 2018 and will take pride of place in the award-winning Number One Riverside, Smith Street, Rochdale from 10 February 2020 to 28 June 2020.
- Year 4 have been reading Beowulf . We have built Anglo Saxon villages and written our own legends based on Beowulf.
- Our children loved the Zulu Nation Theatre performance and workshops.
- All about Mayans!