Art & Design
At Sandbrook Community Primary School, we want to engage, inspire and challenge pupils through Art and Design. We encourage children to experience a wide range of techniques to explore ways of making art using lots of different materials and to learn about other artists, craftspeople and designers from a range of backgrounds and cultures.
We want children to explore, take risks, invent and create confidently. Art can enable children to be themselves, to explore their own identity as well as being curious about respecting and connecting with others. Above all, at Sandbrook we want children to value and enjoy Art now and throughout the rest of their lives.
As artists at Sandbrook, we would like our children to be able ;
- To produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences
- To become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques
- To evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design
- To know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms
- Who is Frida Kahlo?
- We have been really inspired by the artist Chris Ofili and wanted to created our own pieces of work.
- LS Lowry Watercolours
- Year 2 making messy maps with objects from the classroom.
- Year 5 has been making Fans this half term as part of their Creative Crafts Artwork.
- Year 5 have been weaving as part of their art lessons.
- Children have been creating their own story jars at home for World Book Day.
- 4S have thoroughly enjoyed exploring the work by Romare Bearden.
- Year 2 have been learning about the artist, Georgia O'Keeffe.
- 3C's Lowry inspired artwork looks amazing on our classroom display.