Art and Design is all around us. From the wallpaper on our walls, the furniture we sit on, to the films we watch. At Sandbrook , not only are we teaching the potential artists of the future, but we are helping all of our children to develop an appreciation of the visual world around them, through a balance of skills based teaching, creative encouragement and experimentation.
During their time at Sandbrook , children are given the opportunity to develop their skills in using a variety of 2D and 3D materials: papier mâché to clay; oil pastels to acrylic paints and printing to photography. Modern artists are appreciated alongside the more traditional who still influence our lives today. We teach our children to value art and be creative !
We would like our children to be able ;
- To produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences
- To become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques
- To evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design
- To know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms
- As part of their 'What time is it there?' topic, Year 6 have been comparing the UK with America. Akshay has taken three months to create this superb model of The White House at home!
- Designing, making and evaluating Olympic Torches.
- Our Messy Play groups run in school and last for 8 to 10 weeks.
- Sandbrook has always considered the Arts to be an integral part of any child's learning.
- Year 2 have been learning about Wild Fires for Geography Day.
- 1S have been looking at patterns and creating leaf prints.
- In Year 6, our topic focuses upon South America and the children have been learning all about The Andes.
- Fiona Woodcock came to school today. The children had a wonderful day learning about writing and illustrations.
- Children’s Shakespeare Festival. This year our Y4 children performed The Tempest at The Oldham Coliseum
- Together for a safer internet
- Mr Cherryholme introduced Y6 to an amazing new book.
- Year 6 enjoying Discovery Week