- Year 2 have been learning about tally charts, pictograms and block diagrams. We completed a tally chart to show the favourite colours of children in class and then used this information to create our own block diagrams.
- Year 2 learnt how to sew using the running stitch. They used this to make their own bags. Next they will be adding their own designs to them.
- Children have been creating their own story jars at home for World Book Day.
- 2S celebrate World Book Day!
- Year 2 have been bringing in their favourite books from home and reading them to the class.
- Year 2 have been practising their division skills using base 10.
- 2S scientists have been learning about the 7 life processes and living and non living things.
- This term in PE our topic is multiskills. We have been practising skills such as skipping, throwing, catching and passing the ball with our feet.
- Commonwealth and Invictus Games athlete comes to Sandbrook!
- Year 2 have been learning the names and locations of the 7 continents.
- Year 2 went for a walk in the school woods to get inspiration for writing a setting description.
- Year 2 have been writing acrostic poems on the theme of winter. We hope you enjoy reading them!
- Year 2 have been learning about the artist, Georgia O'Keeffe.
- Today, author Sean Perkins visited year 2 to read his story, sing a song and draw us a picture! We loved listening to his story about the cats Oscar and Ben.
- Rochdale in the Past. The first Co-operative store in Rochdale on Toad Lane in 1844.