Sandbrook Rainbow University
At Sandbrook we have high aspirations for all our pupils. We aim to
- raise aspiration, self-esteem & confidence
- encourage curiosity and a love of learning
- enhance motivation and build resilience
- introduce new life experiences
- offer progression in learning and personal skills development
We have created a unique University style learning opportunity for all our Y3 & Y4 pupils. The pupils choose the learning modules which they would be most inserted in and as a result are motivated to engage.
‘A Passport To Learning’ for each child allows them to collect 'stamps' and hours of accredited learning. This contributes to the end of term award, encouraging them to access the provision, experience new activities, developing fresh skills and a wide range of new learning opportunities. Staff throughout the Lower Key Stage 2 unit pool their expertise and have the opportunity to work with different children in smaller groups, tailoring the activities to the individual needs of the group.